The Top Ten Wedding Trends of 2018 express an eclectic mix of edgy, bohemian and romantic with a tendency towards the dramatic and a break from more traditional choices. Here’s our list of the top ten trends we expect to see in our 2018 weddings.
- The bohemian trend has been going strong for a while but has taken a turn towards an even more undone and natural style and away from the casual, hippy-chic style we’ve come to know.
- Deeper hues such as burgundies, violets and even blues are being combined with chrome, silver, copper and golds for darker, moodier themed floral designs.
- Macrame, crystals and even marble accents are showing up from backdrops to coasters, within floral designs and even personal accessories.
- Industrial spaces present a stark contrast to outdoor spaces and ballrooms. Converted factories, historic buildings and commercial spaces that retain their brick facades, exposed ceilings and steel columns offer unique atmospheres and visual interest as well as a contrast to softer, more romantic wedding decor.
- Geometric shapes abound throughout the wedding and home decor industry right now. Various sizes, shapes and materials can be used to house candlelight, florals or even favors.
- Cascading bouquets were once very popular but designed in a tighter, more traditional waterfall. Today’s bouquets are more asymmetrical, overflowing with trailing greenery and unique floral textures including succulents, thistle and berries.
- Suspended floral designs have gained popularity in the last couple of years but are becoming more creative, leaving the table to take on life as photo backdrops, escort card displays and room dividers.
- Balloons will lift your spirits with their inherently whimsical nature and wide range sizes, shapes and colors. Transparent balloons can be filled with glitter for a little extra sparkle.
- Navy is the new black when it comes to groomsmen and bridesmaids attire. Pair the sophisticated hue with uniquely patterned ties, pocket squares and even socks.
- Ultra Violet, Pantone’s 2018 Color of the Year, is ethereal, spiritual, strong and moody all at once. There are endless ways to incorporate this bold hue and we’re excited to see how our couple’s react to this unforgettable splash of brilliance. Read our dedicated post to Ultra Violet here.
Find more inspiration by following us on Instagram!